How to gain some extra income with your website or blog?
I think I’m not the only who is bored to see online ads that offers you a huge income, and you barely have to do anything. If you think that there is such an easy or a quick way to make money...This blog post is not for you.
I don’t know anyone who is making their living just by blogging or hosting a website with online ads. Do you? Internet friends doesn’t count...
You can make some extra income with your website/blog, but you have to find the right partners, and work hard. I’m listing four of my favorites:
Important! Before applying to any of the advertisers listed. Read the terms and conditions first!
Google Adsense or Amazon Associates or iHerb or maybe Tradedoubler? Here’s my review:
1. iHerb.com - Online Health Store
Their multi-level reward system is getting more and more attention. Hook up one customer, and you're done! Do it many times more, and you have a huge potential to make nice earnings. I've been a happy iHerb customer for few years now, and I've been suggesting their products to all my friend.
All you need to do is to make one order from their site iHerb, and you get your own discount code that you can share with your family, friends.
For health blogs and superfood sites this is a must to have affiliate program. With other sites you just have to be creative with your ads! Just like with this blog. ;)
Taken from iHerb's reward page:
"Recent data analysis, conducted in October 2011, found that iHerb customers referring 3 or more people over a year ago earned an average of $240.00. And the figure for customers referring 10 or more people was $640.00."
How does this work? Your earnings:
Level 1 - 4% - from those who have used your discount coupon
Level 2 - 3% - when lvs above you have shared their coupon code
Level 3 - 2%
Level 4 - 1%
More about the iHerb reward system: http://rewards.iherb.com/
How to get started with iHerb? visit: www.iherb.com Make your first order with a coupon YUY952 and you will receive a $5 discount. Once you have done your first order, you will then get your personal code that you can start to promote.
iHerb.com - Pros and Cons:
+ You can start earning even without a website
+ If you have many friends (also on Facebook and other social media), you should gain your first referrals easily.
+ Multilevel commission. Commission is paid up to four sub-levels.
+ Adblockers doesn't block your ads
+ You can advertise on your website, forum signatures, bulletin boards (gym, flea market etc..), give the coupon to your colleagues at work etc..
- No revenue from impressions or clicks
- You need to build your own ads
- Starting up can be hard, if you don't have that many friends, and use social media.
- Multi-level marketing has a bad reputation.
- Jealousy. People doesn't like links that have a referal code in it, even if there is nothing to lose. iHerb and other referral bases services allows blogger and website owners to earn from their hard work.
2. Google AdsenseAd service provided by the Google. If you haven't heard about Adsense before, this must be your first time on the Internet. Google Adsense works on both PPC (Pay-Per-Click) and impressions (PPV = Pay Per View). Google Adsense is easy to set up, and it's a well known and trusted.
More details: Adsense.com
Google AdSense Pros & Cons:
+ Setting up adsense account is easy (for example if you have a Blogspot blog platform in use, there it can be installed directly)
+ Possibility to display ads as images or as text only
+ Payments are made directly to your bank account
+ Google will pay for both clicks (PPC) and impressions (PPV) (fees may vary depending on the advertiser)
- No commission from sales
- Ad sizes are pre-set (choice is moderate)
- Ads can be blocked easily via Adblocker add-ons and softwares.
3. Amazon.com Amazon.co.uk - Amazon AssociatesWith Amazon Associates your earnings comes from commissions. Amazon Associates can earn up to 10% in referral fees.
I have great experiences as customer in Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. I recommend their services to many of my friends. It's easier to work with affiliate networks, when you use products you are marketing.
How to get started: Amazon Associates
Amazon Associates - Pros & Cons:
+ Possible to make your own referral links (as above), so the ad-blockers won't work
+ More you sell, the higher the commission percentage will be
+ Amazon's ad tools are filled with possibilities
- Ad-blocking software will prevent the general image ads and widgeds completely
- No revenue gained from clicks or impressions
4. TradeDoublerTradedoubler is available on the following countries: Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Russia, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, United Kingdom
Tradedoubler is a PPC and commission based. You should read the terms and conditions carefully, before applying for any of the advertisers.
Get started: Tradedoubler.com
Tradedoubler - Pros and Cons:
+ PPC and commission based.
+ Allows you to make your own ref-links (prevents adblockers to block your ad)
+ Paying revenue directly to the bank account
+ Possibility to display ads in pictures or just a plain text (link)
+ commissions from sales and clicks (depending on the advertiser)
- If your application gets rejected by the advertiser, it's not possible to apply again to the same advertiser. Make sure your site is following the guideline set by the advertiser, before applying!
- Ad-blocking software blocks image ads completely.
- PPC amount set by some advertisers can be very low.
Important! Before your sending your applications to any of these advertisers, make sure you have read their terms and conditions!
Get your natural health products from iHerb.com, and get a 5 dollar discount from your first order by using coupon YUY952